Gameplay thoughts

Posted at 15:52

The game is to be survival horror but with out the big guns and requiring more thought to get yourself out fo sticky situations, when contemplating the game I tried to imagine myself faced by some unnatural horror and how I would react. I am definitely in the Lovecraft camp of being scared beyond belief and maybe going slightly mad so it was with this thought that I decided to make the game more stealth and evasion that draws on the tension of being hunted but unlike most games I wanted to give the genre a new twist and so I looked towards different types of game for inspiration and there was one that had a nice idea (implemented well) that I really do think would suit this game and that game is ICO. The system of leading the girl by holding her hand and defending her really made me think and I have decided that this element should go into my concept, you the player will be responsible for keeping the child alive whilst it is hunted by the monsters it will be also the players responsibility to hide her out of sight when the situation arises and also maybe put her in harms way when it is called for.



I have already started to scribble down the back story and how the characters relate and work with each other but I don't want to paste it up here just yet, well it's kind of like my concept thumbnails it dose not get shown until I'm happy with what I have done.