A little bit more 80's

I delved a little more back into the 80's today and I that there are a lot of similarities to this decade and so it's easy to see why there is such a huge interest at the moment. With things like the banking crisis in the African continent that nearly collapsed the world markets (this was when the resesion set in and interest rates soured making the debt impossible to pay for and in turn the large world banks that lent the money could not get it back quickly enough!), obviously there is not the damaging environmental problems happing now as then in Africa but the current world banking problem based on a system of huge loans certainly rings a bell!
Another thing was after Chernobyl in 1986 there was a massive draw towards green issues that spawned environment talks around the globe, there was talk on how to stop green house gas caused by fossil fuels, wide scale industrial pollution was also deemed to be a factor in this too causing global warming. This issue still seems to being raised and now more than ever with it constantly in the news and everywhere you go. What alarms me is the fact that the worlds leaders ignored these warnings up to just a couple of years ago and they still have not done much, I don't want to be political but this kind of annoys me.
Other factors which happened were the AIDS situation that arose and spread quickly due to the initial lack of understanding about the illness, initially it was just thought to be amongst gay me but this was obviously wrong and but time they gained any sort of understanding the World Health Organization declared the illness "reached epidemic" and as such there was a huge advertising campaign that painted a very frightening picture.
Here is also a video of the news that ran after the Challenger disaster, I have video footage of the actual incident that was filmed by NASA but I thought best to leave that out on here;
Anyway I digress, here are some clothing styles from the 80's, have a look at the pictures bellow and just draw upon similarities to todays fashions;

